- Admitted in 1980, California and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- 1992, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Law School Attended
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, J.D., 1980 (Chairman Moot Court Program; Governing Board Member, Community Legal Services Center; Finalist, Moot Court Intra-School Best Oralist Competition; Staff Writer, Owens Research Project for Owens California Forms and Procedure, published by Parker and Son in 1982)
- California State University at Sacramento, B.A. in Philosophy, minor in English, 1974 (Dean’s Honor List)
- California State University at Sacramento, M.A. in English, 1976
Professional Associations, Achievements & Activities
• A-V Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and listed in the national Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers since 2000
• Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS), California Board of Legal Specialization, since September 1988
• California SuperLawyer
• Member, Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS)
• Member, American, State of California, Sacramento County, Placer County, and El Dorado County Bar Associations
• Seminar lecturer in professional courses from 1989 to the present for the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS), Sacramento County Superior Court, the California State Bar, the Sacramento County Bar, and California Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB).
• Member, California Board of Legal Specialization (CBLS) from 2000 to 2018 (Chair, 2003-2004; Council of Past Chairs, 2006-2014). While on the CBLS, Mr. Munsill worked on a myriad of Board responsibilities, including the formation of new specialities; development, review, and revision of program rules and standards; exam development, grading, and evaluation; application review; budget; mission statement/ fulfillment; education provider evaluation; and program development. Mr. Munsill participated in the American Bar Association (ABA) National Roundtables on Legal Specialization from 2002-2010, conducting mock application hearings and serving on certification issues panels.
• Member, California Family Law Advisory Commission (FLAC) from 1994-1999 (Chair, 1997-1998). While on FLAC, Mr. Munsill co-authored the first set of Exam Specifications for family law, wrote and graded multiple exam questions, evaluated applications, and conducted applicant hearings.
• Member, Executive Committee, Family Law Section, Sacramento County Bar from 1993-1997 (Chair, 1996)
• Member, Executive Committee (FLEC), California State Bar Family Law Section from 1988-1991. While on FLEC, Mr. Munsill served as Editor in Chief of the Family Law News, the Section’s professional journal, from 1988-1991, and served as a legislative liaison, reviewing legislation and testifying before State Senate and Assembly subcommittees on pending family law legislation.
• Member, California State Bar Family Law Section Standing Committee on Support, North from 1985-1988
• Grader, California Family Law Specialization exams, 1991, 1993, and 1999.
• Member, Sacramento County Bar Pro Per Assistance Committee (past Chair); Sacramento County Bar Community Education Committee; Voluntary Legal Services Program of Northern California; and the Sacramento County Superior Court Family Law Pro Bono Panel.